Bromberg & Associates remains committed to serving our culturally diverse local and global community by providing high-quality professional language access solutions for all.
With the recent developments in the spread of the Coronavirus COVID-19, it is more imperative than ever for organizations to proactively provide accurate, accessible and timely communications.
Whether you are an existing partner or new to language access, we would like to share some best practices for you to consider when communicating with Limited English Proficient, Deaf and hard of hearing communities regarding Coronavirus COVID-19:
- Know and understand your audiences’ language needs, including American Sign Language and develop a list of languages needed for your consumers, clients, students, and patients.
- Ensure that your message is direct and concise to guarantee the resulting translation will be as clear as possible.
- Reach out to professional, qualified language companies to ensure that the message is accurate. Do not rely on Google Translate or other free translation platforms for translating critical information.
- Implement and utilize remote interpreting solutions (Video Remote Interpreting and Telephonic Interpreting) instead of On-site Interpreting whenever possible.
- Prepare for your organization’s future language access needs by developing a thorough language access plan.
How to Request Multilingual Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fact Sheets
Bromberg & Associates is actively working with the state and local agencies, school districts and non-profit organizations to provide accessible communication options that ensure everyone has access to vital and potentially life-saving information.
Furthermore, Bromberg & Associates has taken the initiative to translate the official Coronavirus public service announcement provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) from English into the following top volume languages:
If you like to obtain these materials at no charge to your organization, please click below or reach out to us at [email protected] or call (313) 871-0080 for more information.