General Inquiries: (313) 871-0080 • Support: (855) 221-9700
Join the Team!
Become a Brombergian!
Career Opportunities in the Language Industry
Bromberg & Associates values its reputation and collaborates only with the most skillful and experienced language professionals.
With local opportunities available throughout Metro Detroit and Michigan, and remote job opportunities available nationwide and globally, we are always on the lookout for the most talented professional language experts to join our team.
Apply as a Translator
Freelance translators between English and any language. You will need access to high speed internet prior to applying for translating positions.
Apply as an Interpreter
Freelance interpreters for on-site, Video Remote, and telephonic interpreting assignments. You will need access to high speed internet and and a HIPAA compliant space prior to applying for remote interpreting positions.
Apply for Both Positions
Administrative Assistant Job Opportunity (based in Metro Detroit)
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Completing a variety of administrative tasks for the President, including managing calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence, including confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; scheduling/confirming meetings;
- Researching and entering data; providing comparison reports;
- Recording cash receipts and making bank deposits;
- Assisting with AP, timely bill payments;
- Maintaining accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices;
- Purchasing office supplies and maintenance of office supply inventory;
- Assisting with language-related tasks;
Some tasks require occasional visits to the office, therefore we are looking for Metro Detroit based candidates;
Our ideal candidate:
- Holds a B.A./B.S. from an accredited institution of higher education or verifiable experience in above required tasks;
- Possesses strong organization skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills with great phone manner;
- Is detail- and process-oriented;
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships;
- Demonstrates proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Is able to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Is familiar with QuickBooks;
- Being bilingual is a plus;
This is a full-time position with opportunities for growth within the company.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this Job:
email your resumes at: [email protected]
Dear Interpreters and Translators:
We hope you and your families are safe and well.
For your information, here are some website links that may be helpful and useful for you. The websites may contain answers to your questions. Please contact the websites directly for any additional information.
Best wishes to you and your families, Bromberg & Associates. The ATA Members and the CARES Act page contains a good summary of CARES Act.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce contains information about loans available for independent contractors.
The U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY contains all the application forms and an overview of the program.
IRS Website contains specific provisions related to self-employed individuals for purposes of the qualified sick leave credit or qualified family leave credit.
The Michigan.gov website confirms that The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act expands Michigan’s benefits to self-employed,1099-independent contractors, and low wage workers as well as an increase in weekly pay to all who receive benefits. The Unemployment Insurance Agency will release guidance regarding eligibility and the application process in the coming days.
Our Work Impacts Our Community
Bromberg & Associates is committed to serving and giving a voice to many communities who are so often underserved and left voiceless. From our work with local community focused organizations like Hamtramck’s Friendship House, to our efforts with bridging linguistic and cultural gaps in response to the Flint Water Crisis, to supporting community initiatives with organizations like Global Detroit, to supporting humanitarian organizations like Wayne County SAFE, Bromberg & Associates takes pride in bringing our diverse communities together, making them safe and inclusive for all.
Our partners, Bethany Christian Services offer social services such as pregnancy counseling, foster care and adoption, immigrant rights advocacy, and resettlement assistance to “protect children, empower youth, and strengthen families.”
One of Bromberg & Associates’ interpreters was featured anonymously in a news story from FOX 2 Detroit in which she interpreted for a human trafficking victim at Bethany Christian Services.
It’s in moments like these that make it incredibly real the impact and necessities of our languages services to help those who have not only have been lured into the web of trafficking, but for all limited English proficient and Deaf and Hard of Hearing members of our community who are so often underserved and left behind.
Where Do I Start?
Start your career with Linguist Education Online.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics employment projections predict that the number of translator and interpreter jobs will grow 29% (to 78,500) by 2024
• When you begin a rewarding career as an interpreter, you’ll truly be helping people in need.
• Your valuable skills can make the difference in solving a court case or helping medical professionals make a correct diagnosis.
• You’ll work with all types of people from all over the world. Sometimes from the comfort of your own home!